From the company who brings us their FLIRT POLES, Squishy Face Studio has also come up with this fun tug toy...
For The Strong Dog Guardian - Finally, A Safe, Easy, And Painless Way To Play Tug-Of-War
- Perfect for people with strong dogs who like to play tug-of-war but don’t like having dislocated shoulders.
- Durable polyester Tug is soft on your dog’s mouth and is safer than rope tugs which have easily ingested rope strands.
- 2” wide polypropylene webbing strap has the strength of heavy chain without causing damage to tree bark.
- Super strong marine grade bungee cord eliminates the need for a metal spring.
- “Perfection Loops” tied at the ends of the bungee cord eliminate extra connectors and only become tighter with use.
- Designed to hold up to the most powerful dogs but will still work with dogs of any size.
- Great for people with limited mobility.
- Also works great as a training tool and provides the mental exercise dogs need at the same time they are getting physical exercise.
- Replacement Tugs and bungee cord sections available for purchase.
- Strap is long enough to wrap around trees up to approximately 94" in circumference.
Tug-of-war is a game that dogs naturally love to play and can be great exercise. If you have a powerful dog like I do, you know what happens to your arm and shoulder after a few minutes of playing. Ouch!
Looking for a solution to this problem, I read about something called a "spring pole". A spring pole involves using a large metal spring to suspend a rope from an overhead tree branch with a toy hanging from the end. Then the dog can hang, shake, and tug against the resistance of the spring. I made one for our high energy pit bull dogs and they loved it. Unfortunately, I quickly found some serious design flaws that ended up causing an injury (thankfully minor) to Maxwell, our company mascot.
So I designed the Super Tug, a safer alternative to the spring pole. It uses a horizontal configuration instead of the vertical one seen with traditional spring pole designs. It also uses super strong, marine grade bungee cord instead of a metal spring. The connection points are designed so that in case of failure, nothing comes flying back towards your dog.
These dog toys are made in the USA using components tested for durability, strength, and safety.
Safety Warnings & Tips
- For best results, also use the Super Tug as a training aid during play. For example, instruct your dog to sit and wait before being released by your command to start playing. After a few minutes of play, instruct your dog to drop the toy and then start the process over again.
- Only use the Super Tug outdoors on a grass or earth surface to prevent damage to your dog’s paw pads.
- Always supervise your dog while playing with the Super Tug and store out of your dog’s reach when finished playing.
- Never let your dog bite or chew on the Bungee Cord. Immediately stop them and redirect their attention to the Tug Toy if this occurs.
- Inspect the Super Tug, especially the Bungee Cord, frequently for damage. Discontinue use if damage is found. Replacement Bungee Cord sections and Tug Toys are available.
CLICK HERE FOR FAQS... https://www.squishyfacestudio.com/super-tug-faq/